This OS has been customized and pre-configured to be a super light and fast ArchLinux with desktop.
Pre-configured installed applications:
- OpenBox: A super light and blazing fast and user friendly DE.
- XRDP: Remote Desktop, ability to continue last closed session.
- Firefox: Firefox has been selected to be default browser.
- Security: SSH Brute Force.
- Graphical text editor: Medit, Geany.
- Terminals: xterm, LXTerminal
- Yaourt: access to thousands of community built ArchLinux packaegs.
With XRDP installed on the VPS you will be able to connect to your VPS via Remote Desktop easily.
The design approach of the development team follows the KISS principle ("keep it simple, stupid") as the general guideline, and focuses on elegance, code correctness, minimalism and simplicity, and expects the user to be willing to make some effort to understand the system's operation. A package manager written specifically for Arch Linux, pacman, is used to install, remove and update software packages.
Archlinux is really simple and powerfull and of course weirdly fast when in comes to managing application:
To install an application, open a terminal and run:
pacman -S application-name
pacman -R application-name
When connecting to ArchLinux Desktop be sure not use saved credentials.
Only enter your machine IP first.
Then on the XRDP login page enter your Username and Password.
More to know:
Please share your experience with us.